What is a weighted blanket?
How should it be used? What is the effect on sleep and well-being? Here we have collected everything worth knowing about our weighted blankets.
Uncomplicated & healthy sleep
How it affects you
- The weighted blanket creates an evenly distributed pressure - like getting a soft hug
- The weight stimulates deep skin receptors
- Sends signals to your body to produce more melatonin and less cortisol
- Our blankets create a sense of security that helps you relax and settle down faster, so you can wake up with increased energy
Environmentally friendly, natural, silent
The Scandinavian weighted blankets is filled with hundreds of thousands of small glass marbles made from natural silica sand. The glass marbles provide an evenly distributed weight and optimal temperature. In addition, they are completely silent - even when you move.
The original weighted blanket
was designed to improve sleep and reduce anxiety. Our weighted blanket is extremely soft and designed to provide comfort. The small glass marbles, which are sewn into the blanket's pockets, allow the weight to be distributed evenly and silently across your entire body. The weighted blanket can be a great help to those looking for a deeper and better sleep.A study of our blankets has shown that...
It is also believed that the technique increases serotonin, which is a substance that the brain emits to create calmness. Serotonin is furthermore linked to other hormones creating happiness and reducing cortisol (the body's stress hormone). However, due to how difficult it is to measure, we cannot say with 100% certainty that it happens.
You are your sleep
A sleep partner for life
A healthy diet, exercise and sleep are paramount to your health. A good quality sleep results in:
- Reduced risk of serious diseases
- A reduction in stress and an improved mood
- Increased fat burning, so you can maintain a healthy weight
We have produced blankets for +10 years. They are always assembled by hand to achieve the best quality. Our products are exclusively created with OEKO-TEX® standard 100 certified materials. This means that we have used certified materials of the highest quality.